- A higher education degree in Social Pedagogy or Psychology.
- Experience in working with foster children.
- Fluency in Ukrainian.
- Ability to enjoy working with children.
- High level of interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to engage in new projects and challenges, improve own skills, and share knowledge with colleagues and other professionals.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to accept workload as well as capacity for independent, unassisted work.
- Special skills and hobbies in areas such as sports, arts, crafts, music, science, or languages and ability to pass them on to children.
- An active stance on child protection is a bonus.
The Our Kids Centre staff work in shifts. Foster carers are expected to ensure adequate development and supervision of the children in their everyday life. This involves personal development planning based on the specific situation and special resources of each child and according to the arrangements made with child care services. A personal development plan must specify crucial and achievable short-term objectives. The responsibilities of a foster carer also include maintaining records of daily activities, special events, and fulfilled objectives.
The staff will have regular meetings to discuss professional practice issues. Such discussions will help establish a professional distance necessary for a determined and consistent effort toward a long-term objective to foster children’s development.